Stuffed animals may seem plain and simple. They’re no fuss. But that doesn’t mean that shopping for one should be done haphazardly and at random. There are still a number of standards to love by especially if one wants to get a bang for their buck. Besides, there are quite a number of factors to consider when shopping for these toys and we’ve listed them down below for your perusal. Scroll down and see for yourself.
- SIZE – Stuffed toys come in all shapes and sizes from traditional designs to more wonky and playful ones. But remember that the bigger isn’t always the better. For adults, we’d think that a human-sized teddy bear would be awesome but the same doesn’t hold true for a two year old. It’s not safe and it’ll be hard to play with.
- PRICE – Budget is important when shopping for toys or pretty much anything. Nobody wants to go broke by making a purchase. An hour ago you got your paycheck and within a few minutes, it’s adios! Nope, not us. A toy may seem harmless at first but don’t forget that humans have the tendency to hoard or act on impulse. So before you buy, research prices and canvass to save bucks.
- SUITABILITY – Who gets the toy? More importantly, who’s going to be its recipient? What an adult may enjoy does not necessarily apply to a kid and vice versa. Plus, what’s safe for one doesn’t mean the same for another. Suitability depends on who the stuffed animal toy will be for, their age, likes and all that.
- CUDDLINESS – When it comes to textures and softness, we all have a preference. But when we talk about this category of toys, they need to possess a very important adjective. They need to be huggable.
- MANUFACTURER – We’re not initiating a brand war here but you have to admit that manufacturers matter more than we say they do. For toys especially, you’d want to buy from someone with the proven qualifications. Doesn’t the same hold true for other things like clothing, cars and even grocery products?
- CONDITION – There are vintage toys and there are brand new ones. You’d have to be cautious when buying the former but even so for the latter. Be wary and observant. Check for any manufacturer defects before you buy.
- SAFETY – Last but not the least, the stuffed animals you buy should always be safe. For instance, move back up the list and read up on size and suitability. Furthermore, never purchase anything that has toxic materials in them. Read labels.